Monday, February 22, 2010

Woman Who Assaulted a Pro-life Protester Cancels Abortion and Thanks Protester

by Cassy Fiano on February 21st, 2010 at 3:05 pm

Mechelle Hall has an incredible story that the mainstream media has completely ignored. She is a young woman who got pregnant and was going to have an abortion. On the way in, she had an altercation with some pro-life protesters:

Reached at her northern Wisconsin home Tuesday evening, Leah Winandy, 21, said she was protesting abortions on behalf of Pro Life Ministries of Duluth and handing out pamphlets on First Street outside the Building for Women when confronted by Hall.

“I was there to ask mothers not to kill their babies at the abortion clinic,” she said. “She [Hall] was walking toward me. She pulled out a knife and waved it at me saying ‘Don’t come near me.’ I said, ‘Please don’t kill your baby. Fear God.’ I came to the edge of the courtyard. I said, ‘Look and listen to your ultrasound.’ She turned around and came back with a knife and held it up to my throat.”

She was arrested and pleaded guilty to assault. But the story takes an unusual turn. Despite her assault against the pro-life protester, she didn’t get the abortion. Now, she’s thankful for Leah and Sarah Winandy’s intervention. Full story.

No comments: