Thursday, August 19, 2010

Pray for Life, Pray for Our Elections

Pray for the sanctity of life and for our government. Bound4Life O'ahu invites you to join in weekly intercessory prayer Thursdays 7:00-8:30 pm. If you are interested, contact Mark at info(at)bound4lifeoahu(dot)com


Dearly Beloved,

I write as we enter into this election season with such high hopes for seeing a governmental shift.

And yet, deep inside me the worry burns, that the issue of life will be sidelined.

That as our state and nation continue to face increasingly hard economic times, that the voters -more over the Church- would opt to vote from their wallets instead of from the absolute morality dictated in the Word of God.

It is a tremendous burden on us not to let the issue of life be sidelined, but rather to -with all we have- drive it like a wedge into the hearts of the voters.

Here in my little house of prayer, my soul quivers and pounds. As I with desperation fast and pray, eagerly desiring to see “the hearts of the fathers turned towards their children.” A cry arises in my heart, “O God! Would you allow these voices to be heard! Would you not let Your wayward Church with deadly ignorance forget the innocent blood the flows dark and guilty over our hands! God 'let justice roll!'”

And I begin to weep as I dream of a day, that might burst like glorious morning upon us, where the gospel is preached and where we have governors that proclaim justice, and pastors tend their flock... O father let my eyes see revival! “Let these bones You have crushed rejoice!”

I unashamedly ask that you all join us Thursday nights from 7:00 pm until 8:30 pm as we come together from different ministries and parts of the island to pray for the ending of abortion and to intercede over these elections.

In His Grip,
Mark

Related link:
Bound4Life O'ahu

No comments: