Tuesday, November 23, 2010

A dying bioethicist warns of the peril of euthanasia

by Michael Cook
from Careful! a MercatorNet focus blog on euthanasia

Melbourne bioethicist Nicholas Tonti-Filippini is dying and in pain. He has written a letter to the Premier of South Australia, Mike Rann, urging him not to support Voluntary Euthanasia Bill 2010. This is one of the most eloquent and cogent expressions of the argument against euthanasia that I have ever read. Here are a few paragraphs. Read the letter in full here.

I write this letter to you my own name only and not in the name of my institute, of any Government Committees in which I am involved, or of any organisation. I write because what happens in South Australia on this matter will affect all Australians, particularly those who, like me, meet the requirements of the Bill.

Full story

No comments: