Kim, Shimabukuro have sponsored two resolutions celebrating Planned Parenthood! And they have been scheduled for hearing. Although resolutions do not have the effect of law, they do reflect the will and position of the legislature.
Instead of investigating Planned Parenthood like other States have done, these Hawaii Senators want to CELEBRATE them.
Although the Planned Parenthood Federation of America (PPFA or Planned Parenthood) advertises itself as an organization promoting health for women and families, it is the nation's largest abortion provider and has been plagued by scandal and abuse. Furthermore, PPFA and its affiliates receive hundreds of millions of dollars in taxpayers' funds every year - a significant portion of which comes from the federal government.
According to Americans United for Life, many abuses by Planned Parenthood have been reported and these include:
- Misuse of federal health care and family planning funds. State audit reports and admissions by former employees detail a pattern of misuse by some Planned Parenthood affiliates.
- Failure to report criminal child sexual abuse. Substantial and still-developing evidence indicates that many Planned Parenthood clinics fail to report all instances of suspected abuse, and instead advise minors and their abusers on how to circumvent the mandatory reporting laws.
- Failure to comply with parental involvement laws. Some Planned Parenthood affiliates exhibit a pattern and practice of violating and circumventing parental involvement laws.
- Assisting those engaged in prostitution and/or sex trafficking. Some Planned Parenthood clinics have demonstrated a willingness to partner with pimps or sex traffickers to exploit young women instead of safeguarding their health and safety.
- Dangerous misuse of the abortion drug RU-486. Planned Parenthood's admitted disregard for the FDA's approved protocol puts profits above women's lives and safety.
- Misinformation about so-called "emergency contraception," including ella. Planned Parenthood boasts of its role in the approval of a new drug ella, yet provides considerable misinformation about the drug.
- Willingness to provide women with inaccurate and misleading information. Some Planned Parenthood affiliates continually demonstrate a disregard for women's health and safety through their willingness to provide inaccurate and misleading information regarding fetal development and about abortion's inherent health risks.
- Willingness to refer to substandard clinics. Some Planned Parenthood affiliates put the lives and safety of women and girls at risk by associating with substandard abortion providers.
Send in testimony online and call the Senators on the Senate CPH Committee and ask them to VOTE NO ON SR56/SCR85. Ask all your pro life family and friends to do the same.
NOTICE OF HEARING
|PLACE:||Conference Room 229|
415 South Beretania Street
Click the link below to log in and send your message: